Published on March 20th, 20200
Message to All British Citizens from the Embassy
We have been requested by the Embassy to share the following information regarding the latest travel advisory update:
Hey, British Embassy Jakarta here trying to reach all Brits 🇬🇧 with important info.
You can call us 24/7 on local 📞 021 23565200📱 Or DM us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Flights are still available at present. – ✈️
– Qatar (Doha), Emirates (Dubai) and Singapore – all ok for transit with specific conditions.
– We have received assurances you will not be quarantined on a transit in Indonesia if you are not showing symptoms and don’t leave the airport. 💪
We have updated our travel advice recently as:
– UK govt GB advising against all but essential travel worldwide
– Govt. of Indonesia is announcing more and more COVID19 cases. There is a risk that the healthcare system here will come under significant further strain. Access to routine and emergency healthcare may be limited.
– The number of international flights out of Indonesia is reducing daily, both within the region and globally, so you may not be able to leave Indonesia when you had planned to. Flights and medical evacuation may not be available, or become very expensive if you do not depart soon.
Therefore British nationals in Indonesia who wish to leave, should make arrangements to do so as soon as possible. Real risk you won’t be able to leave later on if you stay.
Happy to help if any questions